Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Yellowstone National Park

"Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
Ok, so not really, but we did see some amazing animals. We spent 4 nights in Yellowstone camping in the wild. We saw bison galore (in our campground mind you), two black bears, one humongous grizzly, elk, a wolf, two coyotes, a moose (just outside Yellowstone), and a humble little marmot with a loud squeaky voice. I love the animals, but John loves all the other stuff so I have included pictures of all of it. Sorry that the bear pics are blurry, but it's not like I was about to go ask those
large-toothed, sharp-clawed creatures if they would mind me taking a couple pics up close. Tomorrow we are off to Glacier NP. I have to admit that I am LOVING this hotel tonight, the hot shower, clean clothes, and dinner in town. Ethan keeps reminding me that this is a "Boy's Vacation". Okay, okay, I get it.
Enjoy the pics!
(In John's defense-- the pic of him sleeping on the bench right in front of the spring was the result of him taking allergy medication that was not non-drowsy.)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those photos are just *gorgeous*! I especially love #1 of the bison next to the river with the moon up in the sky. Lovely! :)

Glad you all are safe and having a good time. Looking forward to more photos along the way! :)

Anne

Anonymous said...

Andrea,
Great Pics!!! We are so glad too get another update and happy to hear from you. Please give us and John's parents a call when you get a chance. We love the pics and also love to hear your voices.
Have fun and stay safe. Give our boys Hugs from Grandma and Grandpa
Love You Always,
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

As always Andrea your pics are awesome. You definitely need to include some of these in your portfolio and start making some money doing photography! Definitely a gift from God.

Have fun and be safe!

Angie

Fire Station Field Trip

Fire Station Field Trip

Bat Man

Dakota aka "Dog"

Mr. Man