Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fairbanks

We are leaving Fairbanks, Alaska and we are off to Denali NP today. There is 80% chance of rain today and 70% tomorrow. We are hoping to get to see Mt. Mckinley, but based on those numbers it may not peak its head out of the clouds.

Fairbanks was a nice resting spot for us. We didn't really do much. We did get to see a few moose though. Did you know that moose put their faces under water and eat the vegatation? When they come up (after quite a while of being under) lots of water pours out of their mouthes. I had no idea.


3 comments:

Kahlua Keeping Koala said...

me either!

Laura said...

Awesome trip you are taking! I am just finding the link to your blog. I had no idea you were doing this trip to Alaska. How cool! I would certainly like to do that some time, but it didn't work into our plans this time. I think you were in Yellowstone just before us. We were there July 23-28. I look forward to comparing notes when we are all safely back home. Blessed travel to you.

Anonymous said...

As always Andrea amazing pictures! I am so glad you're coming back though cause we miss you guys! Can't wait to hear some stories.

Angie

Fire Station Field Trip

Fire Station Field Trip

Bat Man

Dakota aka "Dog"

Mr. Man