Sunday, July 20, 2008

Glacier National Park

We spent 3 nights in Glacier NP. What an amazing place! There was so much that we wanted to do still--- more for another trip I guess. I know that I always write this, but truly, my pictures just don't show this park justly. We rode on the free shuttle most of the time and I couldn't ask them to pull over so that I could take some pictures. I sure wanted to though. The mountains were beautiful. The main road through the park is the Going-to-the-Sun Road. It takes you up, up, up with mountains around you often times on every side. Our bus driver joked around saying that you could buckle up if you'd like, but if we went over the edge that we would just have to try to enjoy the ride down as it would be our last-- seatbelt or not. It was crazy steep. There were waterfalls all along the road. We saw a lot of mountain goats and we had a deer that hung out around our campsite a lot, but that was it for wildlife (we talked to a few people who ran into bears on the trails). Off to Canada tomorrow. Oh, by the way--- for all of you who know my bear story about mountain biking in Banff--- I saw on the internet that a lady was attacked by a black bear a few days ago on the same exact road (the road is not all that long) where we saw the HUGE black bear. She was jogging and only had minor injuries, but yikes.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea,John,Daniel & Ethan,
The Pics are just absolutely awesome. Yes, I know what you mean that a pic just doesn't do it justice according to the display of beauty God created. I feel the same way about his many wonders. I'm sure heaven will be much more than can be even imagined.
Love you all!!! Call when you can.
Love Mom & Dad.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely breathtaking! Did you get into the lake at all? It's over 100 degrees here today and seeing the water made me want to get in it! :D

Anonymous said...

^^ Duh, that was me...Anne! :)

allhisblessings said...

(DROOL)

Ack! I'm just having a little bit of travel envy! And the pictures are fantastic. Beautiful. Wish I was there. :)

Fire Station Field Trip

Fire Station Field Trip

Bat Man

Dakota aka "Dog"

Mr. Man