Monday, December 17, 2007

Day 4

"On the fourth day of Christmas my three men gave to me, four yummy tacos, three spinning windmills, two fighting boys, and a road trip for our family..."




Let me start off by saying, "WOW... Texas has mountains!!" Who would've guessed!?! Last night when we pulled into El Paso it was dark, so when the mountains greeted me this morning I was pleasantly surprised (see the pic below).
We took the kids into Juarez, Mexico. We walked over the border. On the way we saw signs about human trafficing so we kept a firm grip on the kids' hands the whole time. We didn't do much. We walked in a ways and stumbled upon two churches. They were obviously historic churches so I went in to see what they looked like. While I was inside I saw something that I have never seen before. There was a casket, then on top of that there was a life-sized fake person eencased in glass. Surrounding the casket and glass box was more glass but there was a small hole that you could stick your hand through in order to touch the casket and glass box. A person would come in, put their arm through the hole, lay their hands on the casket thingy and pray. This was in both churches. There wasn't a service. People were just coming in to pray. I chose not to take a picture as to not offend, but I wish that you could see it. After that, we headed back to the border. You would be very surprised to see how easily we got back into the US. All that we had to do was declare our citizenship verbally. They didn't even look at my driver's license that I was trying to give them. Overall, it was interesting. Now the kids can say that they have been to Mexico.
In New Mexico we found the best New Mexican food (as they call it) . They have a little chain in this region called Taco Cabana. All I can say is "Oh yum!". It was good enough to mention it on here even though it means nothing to you. :)












1 comment:

Paige said...

Taco Cabana....mmmmmm....dang...now I'm gonna have a craving for it! Me miss Taco Cabana!! You are so mean!! :)

Fire Station Field Trip

Fire Station Field Trip

Bat Man

Dakota aka "Dog"

Mr. Man